"THEY HAD THE BETTER TEAM"-'BO McMILLIN

MORAN PROUD OF HIS SQUAD

"Harvard was the better team and deserves its victory. We gave everything we had and played as hard as we could but lost because the Crimson line was too powerful. On behalf of the Centre College squad I thank everybody for the royal way in which we have been treated during our stay in Boston and Cambridge."

Captain Bo McMillin gave this message to a CRIMSON reporter only a few minutes after the final whistle had blown. Then he went to every member of his team and said, "It's all right, brother. You gave everything you had but it wasn't enough. They had the better team, that's all." And these players, showing the same spirit, walked up to their coach and said, "I'm sorry, Charlie, if I didn't do as much as you expected me to, but I sure did try the best I could."

First Defeat in Almost Four Years

"I'm proud of my squad," exclaimed Coach Moran, smiling in spite of his disappointment. "I am proud of them because Mr. Brickley and Coach Fisher said that they played as clean football as has been seen in this Stadium for many years. They are showing the stuff they are made of by the way they are taking this defeat after they had become so used to winning after almost four years of continuous victories. It is easy to be a good winner but it is hard to be a good loser, especially when possibly your whole reputation is at stake. However, 1 believe that we have shown the people around this section that we can give any team a fight for its victory.

Horween Marvelous on Defense

"In my opinion Captain Horween is a marvelous defensive player. The way he sized up some of our complicated trick forward passes was a surprise. He is a sure tackler, a good line plunger; a clever drop-kicker. When Owen, Churchill and Fitzgerald are in the backfield with him, it is a most formidable combination.

"The Harvard coaching system is as perfect as any system could be. The men that played against us understood all the fine points of the game and worked together like a machine, each man performing his alloted task with hardly a mistake."