DAY OF KICKING AND SIGNAL PRACTICE FOR UNIVERSITY ELEVEN

R. FITTS OUT FOR SEASON BECAUSE OF BLOOD CLOT

Realizing that the Princeton game is too near to take chances on injuring his men in scrimmage, Coach Fisher gave the University team a day of kicking practice, signal drill, and practice in the forward pass formations. For the first hour of practice, almost the entire team spent their time kicking long, high spirals, some of them kicking from the side lines, going over the top of the Stadium. Later the team went through a long signal drill which occupied the rest of the afternoon.

By the looks of things, the injured list will contain very few names by the time of the Princeton game. Holmes, who has been suffering with a sore foot, has now returned and will probably be used in scrimmage this week. Churchill, also, has recovered sufficiently to take part in practice.

Gaston May be Ready for Princeton.

Although Gaston, Eastman, and Hubbard, are not doing as well as might be hoped, they are expected to be in a condition where they can be called upon in case of necessity in the Princeton game. Roscoe Fitts, the star-quarterback from whom so much is expected if he should recover from the persistent blood-clot in his leg, is still under the doctor's care, and it is feared that he will remain there for the rest of the season.

Realizing that the kicking ability of his team left much to be desired. Coach Fisher sent out a call to Charlie Brickley '15, and Ralph Horween '18, of last year's eleven, to come and instruct his men in this art.

Yesterday, Ralph Horween spent a great deal of time in showing his brother the finer points of drop-kicking and in giving suggestions to Churchill about his punting.

In spite of the fact that the coaches were expecting an easy game next Saturday, and hoping to get off with as few injuries as possible, it now seems that they are going to have a harder battle than they either expected or desired. Virginia, which showed its strength by defeating Rutgers 7 to 0, comes to the Stadium like Centre College, primed to give all it has to defeat the University.