TIME TRIAL AT BELMONT FOR HARRIERS YESTERDAY

BETTER THAN TIME IN TECH RACE

To prepare for the meet with Cornell on Saturday the University harriers ran a time trial over the six mile course at Belmont yesterday. For the purpose of providing competition the squad was divided into two teams, the Reds, and the Blues, who raced one another. Before the start of the afternoon's practice Coaches McCarty and Bingham, Captain O'Connell, and R. Lawless '12, captain of the 1912 Cross Country team, addressed the squad.

C. E. Dexter '22 was the first man to cross the line with a time of 35 minutes, 26 seconds. This time was one and three-fifths seconds better than the first Harvard man to cross the tape in the recent meet with M. I. T. H. M. Mahon '22 trailed Dexter to the line by five seconds. Captain Bemis was the next man in and he was closely followed by J. G. Winchester '23. C. E. Recroft '21, W. Bennett '23, S. L. Tait '23 and R. M. Bryan '23 followed in that order.

The team which will face Cornell's strong team on Saturday has not yet been picked. Ten men will be taken and it is fairly certain that the first eight men to finish in the time trial will take the trip. It also seems probable that H. L. Pratt '23, who has been doing good work on the team up to now, but who today was not in his best form will be a contender on Saturday.