DEBATING TRIALS PLANNED TO SELECT CLASS TEAMS

Three Men and an Alternate Will be Picked Monday From Each Class

Trials for places on the debating teams representing the different classes in the November Interclass Debates will be held next Monday, November 1, at times and places to be announced later. Each class will have a certain time and place for its trials, and all members of a class are eligible except those who are already members of the University Debating team.

At the trials, all men must be prepared to make a 5-minute speech on either side of the question, "Resolved: that the United States Senators should be elected on a basis of occupational representation." After the speeches the judges will proceed to pick three men and an alternate to represent each class.

Within 10 days after the teams have been chosen, the Freshmen will debate with the Sophomores, and the Junior team will meet the Senior team. The winners of these debates will hold a debate for the college championship. A silver cup will be awarded to every speaker on the winning team in the championship debate.

The purpose of these debates is not only to maintain an interest in debating, but also to aid in training men for the University team, who are needed more than ever, due to a longer schedule.