HARRIERS OFF TO ITHACA

1924 TESTED AT BELMONT

The University cross-country team leaves Boston at 7.35 tonight for the race with Cornell on Saturday. They will arrive in Ithaca early tomorrow morning and will spend the afternoon in walking over the course. The race starts at 2 o'clock Saturday afternoon and will finish in time to enable the men to see the Cornell-Rutgers football game. The list of the men who will make the trip is as follows: Captain F. G. Bemis '22, W. C. Bennett '23, R. M. Bryan '23, C. E. Dexter '22, H. M. Mahon '22, H. L. Pratt '23, C. E. Reycroft '21, J. G. Winchester '23, J. E. Nally '21 and W. F. Eaton '22.

The Freshmen held a time trial over the three and a half mile course at Belmont yesterday, E. Schaefer was the first to cross the line. His time was 17 minutes and 7 seconds, which is 10 seconds better than any time yet made by a Freshman harrier this year. W. C. Prescott was runner-up, clocked in 17 minutes and 47 seconds. The remaining men finished in the following order: H. L. Gilbert, H. B. Hubbard, Hill, P. Gossler and Campbell.

Sign Up for Track Meet

The Fall Handicap Track Meet, which will be open to both upperclassmen and Freshmen, will be held next week on Soldiers Field. All men wishing to enter this meet should sign their names in the Blue Books, which are to be found today in Leavitt & Peirce's, the Union, the Locker Building and the Freshmen dormitories. Entries will close at 5 o'clock tomorrow, Friday, October 29, in order that the handicap lists may be properly made out. Gold, Silver and Bronze medals will be awarded to those who place first, second and third respectively in the different events.

The track events are scheduled for next Wednesday, November 3, while the field events will take place on the following afternoon. As there is not sufficient straightaway space under the present arrangements to hold a 220-yard dash, the sprints will be limited to 100 and 160 yards. There will be no high hurdles and for the same reason, as the elimination of the furlong, the low hurdles will be limited to 120 yards.

Must Take Strength Test

Before entering any of the events in the coming meet, all upperclassmen must have had a physical examination. All men now reporting regularly with the track squad should watch for the posting of the time of their examinations, but all others who expect to compete must personally arrange for such an examination at Weld 3 as soon as possible.