1924 CREW SEASON TO GET UNDER WAY TODAY

SECOND CALL FOR MANAGERS

The 1924 rowing season will be launched this afternoon at 4 o'clock when all Freshmen interested in crew will report at the meeting of candidates in the Weld Boat House. The men will be addressed by the following: Coach R. Heber Howe Jr. of Middlesex School, who will be in direct charge of Freshman crew work this year; Head Coach Haines; Coach Herbert Haines, who coached last year's Freshman crew; and Captain L.B. McCagg Jr. '22 of the University. An opportunity will be given the men to sign up for rowing and coxswains' positions this fall. Even though some Freshmen will not be able to start rowing before spring. It is important for them to attend this meeting, unless occupied at the time in some fall sport, as it is for the men who intend to take advantage of the fall rowing as a preparation for next spring. So all men who are going to row at any time during the year must report today.

No Experience Necessary

No experience is necessary either for the rowing positions on the crew or for the coxswains'. Fall rowing will also satisfy all requirements of the compul- sory physical training, as well as giving the men a good start for the work of next spring.

Members of the class of 1923 may still come out for the competition for Second Assistant Crew Manager without being handicapped in any way, as may any Freshmen who wish to try for the positions of the managers of the three dormitory crews. Both competitions are much shorter than usual this year, the first ending by the week before the Christmas holidays, and the latter by the middle of November.

Managers Report at Beck

By becoming Second Assistant Manager, a candidate automatically becomes assistant manager and manager of the crew in his succeeding year in College, while the competition for manager of a dormitory crew is excellent preparation for the regular Freshman Crew Manager Competition next spring, when the two leading candidates receive their numerals. Any new aspirants for the fall positions must report at Beck 32 tonight at 7.

All candidates for the University crew who are not engaged in some fall sport will meet tomorrow afternoon at the Newell Boat House at 4 o'clock. At this time Captain McCagg and the coaches will speak. The men who are expecting to row this fall will sign up, so that crews may be formed at once