REPRESENTATIVE OF LABOR TO LECTURE IN BUSINESS SCHOOL

WHITING WILLIAMS ALSO APPOINTED AS LECTURER

Robert Fechner, an influential labor leader and a member of the Executive Board of the International Association of American Machinists, has been appointed Lecturer on Labor Relations at the Harvard Graduate School of Business Administration.

Mr. Fechner will be one of a number of lecturers in the courses given by the school on the subject of "Labor Relations." Among the others are Professor Wallace B. Donham '98, Dean of the school; John W. Riegel, instructor on Labor Relations; Earle D. Howard, labor manager of the Hart, Schaffner & Marx Co.; and Whiting Williams, Vice President of the Hydraulic Pressed Steel Co. of Cleveland. The aim of the school is to present the problem of labor relations from several different points of view, in order to equip graduates of the school to deal wisely with labor conditions in different environments.

All Points of View Represented

Mr. Riegel will give the students a general survey of the labor problem in industry. Dean Donham will discuss it from, the point of view of the executive. Mr. Fechner will speak from the point of view of organized labor, the international Association of American Machinists being affiliated with the American Federation of Labor. Mr. Howard will speak as a labor manager in an industry in which the wage-earners are organized in an industrial union. Mr. Williams will talk from the point of view of an employer who has worked for a considerable period as a day laborer both here and in England, to study labor conditions at first hand.

Each of these lecturers has his own approach to the problem of labor relations, his own sources of practical information concerning it, and-his own convictions as to its proper solution. The students of the Harvard Business School will have an opportunity to study the facts brought out by all these men, and to compare and analyze their various views.

John Randolph Riggleman, who graduated in 1918 from Cornell College, Iowa, and took the degree of Master of Business Administration at Harvard last June, has been appointed instructor in Business Statistics.