AGAIN THE UNION

Not many years ago a facetious ivy-orator excited the risibilities of his classmates by a masterly discussion of the then-mooted problem, "Does the Union Suit." His efforts at humor brought the more ready response because in those old, forgotten times (of 1917) the Union did not, palpably, suit. It had fallen into grievous desuetude.

The graduate of those days would hardly recognize the present Union, center as it is, of so many college activities--a Union sprung, quite phoenix-like, from the ashes of the old. The ten dollars which he then reluctantly tossed on the altar of charity for the support of a supernumerary club in which he took no interest, is now replaced by seven-fifty well invested, bringing dividends of enjoyment and profit far exceeding the dreams of the Union founders.

All of which is apropos of the fact that today is the last day upon which the Union keeps open house. Hereafter only members will be allowed the varied privileges of the club: the dining rooms, the library, the barber shop, the billiard room, the tea dances, and the thousand and one other diversions and conveniences therein provided. Don't be a social scab on the Harvard body politic. Join the Union.