SUBSTITUTE LINE FOR TEAM A PLAYS AGAINST SCRUBS FOR 50 MINUTES

BLACK-JERSEYED PLAYERS PUT OVER TWO TOUCHDOWNS

The majority of Coach Fisher's regular forwards rested while a substitute line and the Team A backfield, with the exception of Johnson, were pitted against the scrubs in a 50-minute scrimmage on Soldiers Field yesterday when Sedgwick, Woods, Tolbert, Gaston and Macomber were given a lay-off. Some of these players are out with minor injuries, but all are expected to be in shape for the Valparaiso tussle Saturday.

As Coach Knox's second eleven trotted into the Stadium field, Coach Fisher lined up his red-jerseyed opposition with Havemeyer at center; Brown and Holmes, guards; Faxon and Hubbard, tackles; Kane and Clark, ends; Buell, quarterback; Horween, fullback; and Owen and Humphrey, halfbacks.

The University, starting with the ball on its 40-yard line, got in scoring position by a Second Team fumble after an exchange of punts. Here Humphrey got loose for the first touchdown.

After the seconds, using Valparaiso formations had made a fresh start with the ball at midfield, Havemeyer and Churchill intercepted a pass and made first down on a 12-yard run, respectively. Here Brown picked up a loose ball and rushed to the 8-yard line, and a line buck by Gratwick carried the pigskin over for the second score.

As the scrimmage progressed, Coach Fisher sent in more substitutes until nearly every member of the squad had been given a chance. Drop-kicks by Hamilton and B. A. Hunneman '22 of the scrub eleven failed, and Coach Fisher gave the ball to the opposition at midfield. Here D. McK. Key '22 broke loose and tore through the substitutes for a 30-yard run, which was followed by a touchdown for the Second Team when a fleet scrub picked up a rolling ball and crossed the red goal line.

The practice was concluded a few minutes later after the seconds had put over another touchdown.