ANNOUNCE PROGRAM FOR GEN. FAYOLLE'S VISIT

LUNCH AT PRESIDENT LOWELL'S

General Fayolle, who is to speak at the Union tomorrow evening at 8.15 o'clock, will arrive in the afternoon accompanied by his two personal aides. Immediately after his arrival he will betaken to President Lowell's house, where he will be entertained at a small luncheon. After the luncheon, President Lowell and Professor Julian Coolidge '95, Commandant of the Shannon Post of the American Legion, will conduct the French general and his party to Soldiers Field, where picked men of the Artillery Unit, under the direction of Major R.C.F. Goetz, will fire a salute in the visitor's honor. The ceremony will take place near the Memorial Shaft in front of the Locker Building. The rest of the afternoon will be spent in watching the first football team practice and in visits to the various buildings of the University.

Among those who have been invited to be present at the dinner tomorrow evening given by the Governing Board of the Union, at which General Fayolle will be the guest of honor are; Lieutenant Colonel A. Piatt Andrew '95, head of the American Field Ambulance Service before it was taken over by the government; General Shanks, Commander of the Northeastern Department; J.M.J. Flammand, French Consul; President Lowell; Members of the Corporation; and Commandant Julian Coolidge and Adjustant K.B. Murdock, who will represent the Shannon Post of the Legion. After the dinner, at the first meeting of the Union's 1920 season, Members of the Faculty, and of the Union will have the opportunity of hearing General Fayolle speak.

General Fayolle will arrive in Boston this afternoon from New York. He will be met at the train by the resident French Consul, Monsieur J.M.J. Flammand, who will accompany the General to his hotel. At 7 P.M. this evening a private dinner will be given at the Hotel Somerset in honor of General Fayolle by Monsieur Flammand.

Friday morning will be given over to calls on Governor Coolidge and General Shanks, head of the Northeastern Department, and a short tour of inspection of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.

The visit to Cambridge already outlined will occupy the rest of Friday, while on Saturday morning General Fayolle will be taken to Camp Devens by General Shanks. He will return to New York shortly and sail on his return journey to France on October 13th.