Undergraduates Celebrate Second Consecutive Virtual Housing Day

Dean of Students Office Discusses Housing Day, Anti-Racism Goals

Renowned Cardiologist and Nobel Peace Prize Winner Bernard Lown Dies at 99

Native American Nonprofit Accuses Harvard of Violating Federal Graves Protection and Repatriation Act

U.S. Reps Assess Biden’s Progress on Immigration at HKS Event

THE CRIMSON PLAYGOER

"Hitchy-Koo 1920" is Gorgeous Extravaganza, Brilliant in Costuming

"Hitchy-Koo 1920" will unfortunately be here only a short time more, as its place at the Colonial will be taken by the Ziegleld Follies on October 18. It is a gorgeous and elaborate production, featuring at Incomparable trio--Raymond Hitchcock, Julia Sanderson and G. P. Huntley.

One of the most noteworthy features of the extravaganza is the costuming, which is original and colorful. The whole staging is no elaborately done that it gives the performance a perfect finesse unusual in productions of this type.

Every playgoer has seen Mr. Hitchcock on the stage, and so his inimitable character impersonations hardly need be described. Miss Sanderson is scarcely less known to Stage devotees, and Mr. Huntley, though more unfamiliar, is equally successful in his role of a Britisher.

In addition to this "big three", Charles Withers, who scintillates in a travesty on the old time melodrama; the agile and graceful Mosconi family; Florence O. Denishawn in her unique dances; Miss Nina Payne who performs a very dificult and exquisite "skirt dance", and the comely Grace Moore, all contribute to the success of the performance.

The music is light and catchy, and "The Old Town", "The Star of Hitchy-Koo", "Dance-O'Mania", "Moon of Love" and "The Old Bell" were particularly applauded.

On the whole, "Hitchy-Koo" is a very entertaining extravaganza, brought far above the average by its elaborate costuming, exquisite staging and capable execution, and especially by the personality of Mr. Hitchcock and his admirable cast.