Harvard-Princeton Concert a Success

The Annual Harvard-Princeton concert which took place in Sanders Theatre last Friday evening was an unqualified success from every standpoint. The Glee Clubs and the instrumental organizations of both universities alternated on the program with selections that in every case brought forth much applause. The singing was noticeably good; the men seemed to have been extremely well-drilled and not a hitch of any kind occurred.

The newly reorganized Harvard Instrumental Clubs provided some excellent music and showed that they possess the foundation for a smoother-working, more spirited ensemble later on in the season. A series of popular medleys, including such as "Avalon," "Japanese Sandman," and "Whispering" were the effective offerings of the Princeton Banjo Club. F. W. Rondebush and E. Wilson of that organization introduced a difficult violin specialty which was well received; they and three other violinists also contributed greatly to the successful performance of their club by the melodic use of these instruments. The "hit" of the evening, however, was scored by Howard Eliot '22 and Joseph Sargent '22, who were insistently encored in then specialty number. The concert closed with several football songs and "Fair Harvard," rendered by the Harvard Glee Club.