SUBS PUNCTURE SECONDS' LINE FOR TWO SCORES

WOODS OUT OF SCRIMMAGE

Football practice yesterday afternoon was much more rigorous than has been the case for the past week. During the first part of the afternoon, the entire University squad was sent through a long session at the tackling dummies. Later, teams "A" and "B" went through a dummy scrimmage, in which the plays which will be used against Brown were run off with a speed and accuracy which was highly pleasing to the coaches. Following this, team "B" scrimmaged the second team for a little over a half-hour and defeated their black-jerseyed opponents 12 to 0.

Seconds Resist Stubbornly

Throughout the whole struggle, the seconds stubbornly contested the advance of the team "B" men, and once, when J. E. Kennedy '23 intercepted a forward pass and broke away for a 15-yard gain, it looked as if they would defeat their opponents. However, Coach Fisher's men came back strong, and, using the delayed-pass formation which worked so well against Princeton, marched steadily down the field to the seconds' 5-yard line, where after being held for two downs, Humphrey took the ball on an off-tackle play for a touchdown. A little later, after going through the black-jerseyed line for consistent gains, Rouillard put his team in a position for the second touchdown by catching a neatly executed forward pass from Wales. Here, again, the seconds' defense stiffened, but was unable to check Rouillard, who finally plunged through the center of the line for the second score.

Line-Up Remains Same

As a result of yesterday's line-ups it seems improbable that Macomber, in spite of his spectacular play Saturday, will replace either Kane or Crocker as first-string end. Gaston, too, on account of his long enforced absence, seems slated for team "B". Buell and Fitts, both of whom starred in the Princeton game, alternated with Fitzgerald and Churchill at the quarter and halfback positions, and it is not at all unlikely that either or both of these men will replace the regulars before the Yale game. Sedgwick was again on team "B". Woods, suffering from a painful but not serious, leg-bruise, was the only man who did not take part in the practice. However, he spent his time limbering up under Doctor Nichols' direction.

Although it has been announced that Coach Fisher will probably start a team composed principally of team "B" men against Brown, no definite line-up has as yet been given out.