COUNTING THE CHICKENS

Two articles on next Saturday's game appear in today's CRIMSON. There is no doubt which one should have credence.

Who should know better than James L. Knox '98 that football "dopesters" are more apt to be wrong than right, that grim determination on one side and overconfidence on the other can undo in a week a season of victories.

Every man should read Coach Knox's article; it shows what few of us know: that Luck was breaking consistently with the Princeton team. On the strength of this fact and the memory of the game in the Stadium two weeks ago, only the most unthinking of Harvard men can be confident.

Yale has not shown all her strength; her bag of tricks is not empty. Next Saturday's game means as much to her as to us. And "Yale pluck" is proverbial.

Let Coach Knox finish the editorial: "Those about Cambridge have a pretty definite knowledge of the merits and shortcomings of the Harvard team, but I doubt if they have the slightest conception of the power which Yale will present on Saturday. It will require every ounce of football that the Harvard eleven possesses to pull off a victory. It is definitely and distinctly not a case of what the score will be, but whether or not the Crimson team can win. A victory must presume the last ounce of force put forth by every man who has the real interests of Harvard at heart."