YALE GREETS RETURN OF TEAM FROM DEFEAT WITH DEMONSTRATION

HOLD STIFF SCRIMMAGE IN YESTERDAY'S COLD DRIZZLE

NEW HAVEN, CONN., November 16.--The Yale supporters are still behind the eleven even more whole heartedly than before the defeat at the hands of Princeton; for this afternoon the entire undergraduate body marched to the station in a drizzling rain to meet the team on its return from Gedney Farms where it has been since last Saturday. This demonstration was the largest in the history of Yale football and shows the wonderful spirit which prevails at New Haven in spite of the recent defeat.

Immediately after arriving, the entire squad proceeded to the Bowl and, in spite of the mud, an exceptionally stiff scrimmage was staged between teams "A" and "B," and later between team "B" and the second team.

In spite of the slipperyness of the ball, there were few fumbles. The first-string men showed a fierce determination to come back against Harvard and overcame the subs with ease. The feature of the contest was a fifty-yard run by the famous "Fido" Kempton. Kelly and Sturm also distinguished themselves by their irresistible plunges through the line which netted the two touchdowns scored by their team. Old fashioned play was the order of the day except for a few passes from Kempton to Cumer.

Team "A" lined up as follows in its scrimmage with team "B": Cutler and As none of these men were injured as & Bean, ends: Into and Walker, tackles. Acosta and Callahan, guards; Cross, conter: Kempton, quarterback: Aldrich and Kelly, halfbacks; and Sturm, fullback result of this scrimmage, they will probably start the game next Saturday.

Coach Jones recently sent out a call for help and yesterday three old Eli stars. Rockwell, Veeder and Romar, re period to lend their aid in bringing the team up to its acme of efficiency for the game Saturday