SELECT "THE DRAGON" FOR WINTER PRODUCTION

OPEN MEETING IN UNION TONIGHT

The Harvard Dramatic Club has selected "The Dragon," a wonder play by Lady Gregory, for presentation this winter. It will be read tomorrow afternoon at 4.30 in the Phillips Brooks House at a meeting which candidates for all departments of the Dramatic Club are expected to attend.

"The Dragon" has never been presented in America but was produced at the Abbey Theatre, Dublin, in Easter Week, 1919, with overwhelming success by Lady Gregory's own company of Irish players. At the time the press described it "as a fantastic, genuinely funny play in three acts, a wonder play of spell-bound princesses, of kings who masquerade as cooks, of tailors who strut 'as kings, of bearded astrologers and flame-spouting dragons." Critics have pronounced it as her best' work since "The Wardhouse Ward," and said that it is pantomime as pantomime would be written were its librettists artists instead of dramatic tradesmen.

Open Meeting in Union Tonight

All members of the University interested in the stage, as well as members of the Dramatic Club, are invited to attend the open meeting which will be held in the Trophy Room of the Union tonight at 7 o'clock. Mr. Charles Swain Thomas, an editor of the Atlantic Press, an author of a number of English books, and a noted student and critic of literature and drama will be the principal speaker. E. A. Whitney '17, a former officer of the Dramatic Club and member of the "47 Workshop," and J. W. D. Seymour '17, who directed the club's plays last year, will discuss some aspect of the drama and the work of the Dramatic Club.

At this time the heads of the different departments of the club will explain the work of the competitions which start tomorrow afternoon after the reading of the play in Phillips Brooks House.