STANDARD OIL CO, OFFERS CHANCES FOR WORK ABROAD

Position of Many Types Are Open to College Graduates-Give Preparatory Courses

A new training course for work in foreign fields is to be offered by the Standard Oil Company this year. It is intended primarily for Seniors, graduating from various universities next February who can satisfy the rigorous requirements of selection, but recent graduates are also eligible. The openings will be, to a great extent, in Asiatic countries and in the Levant, although there will undoubtedly be several positions to be filled in other widely scattered territories, which the Standard Oil Company is in the course of developing.

The positions offered are of several different types, including office work sales managing, the work of organizing and developing properties, civil, mechanical, mining, and other forms of engineering. Men are wanted, who intend to remain in the service for at least three years, but no written agreement is required.

The course of training which is to be given in New York City, consists of classes and lectures by men prominent in the business world, visits to oil refineries, discussion of foreign exchange problems, etc. A nominal salary of twenty-three dollars a week, to cover living expenses is given students for the three to four months' duration of the course. At the successful completion of the training, the men are assigned to various locations in foreign service, at salaries equivalent to $200 a month in U. S. gold.

No previous business experience is necessary, Knowledge of foreign languages is desirable but not essential. All men completing their course at midyear's and interested in hearing of the opportunities of this organization should write to Dr. A. A. Snowden of the Standard oil company.