DAVIS CHOOSES FOUR MEN

PRINCETON HAS 5, YALE 2 MEN

The University has been given four places on Park H. Davis' "Big Three Eleven", which is a mythical team composed of the best men from the University, Yale and Princeton. Woods is given the position of left guard, Havemeyer of center, Sedgwick of right tackle and Horween of left halfback.

In speaking of Woods, Davis says, "Conspicious in the group, (of guards) first and foremost stands Woods of Harvard." He also says, "A companion to Keck at tackle distinctly appears Sedgwick of Harvard. The data of the chart records confirm judgment in the selection." With regard to the center position Davis says, "A record of impregnability, roving brilliance and steady accurate passing presents the Harvard center, Havemeyer, as the pivot of the allied line." And, "Arnold Horween of Harvard by all round brilliance, is distinctly entitled to a place on the mythical team."

Princeton was awarded five places on Davis' "All-Star, Allied Team". Legendre and Stinson were awarded the end positions, Keck left tackle, Lourie quarterback and Sheerer fullback. Aldrich at right halfback and T. Callahan at right guard were Yale's two men.