TENNIS SQUAD OF FIFTEEN TO PRACTICE AT LONGWOOD

Voluntary Practice Begins Week From Today--Membership Privileges Extended

Fifteen men comprise the tennis squad which will practice this winter on the Longwood Covered Courts at Chestnut Hill beginning a week from today. Through the cooperation of Mr. Edwin Sheafe, President of the Longwood Cricket Club, arrangements have been made so that the courts will be at the disposal of the squad from 12 until 2 in the afternoon and from 6 until 10 in the evening on weekdays. In addition, at the proposal of R. N. Williams 2nd '16, the Cricket Club voted to permit members of the University who have a chance to make the tennis squad to join the club by paying a $20 membership fee.

It is probable that during the winter matches will be played with the Seventh Regiment Club in New York City and with the Longwood Club at the covered courts in Chestnut Hill.

Until mid-years, practice will be voluntary. After that, regular scheduled sessions will be held, each man playing five matches a week. Then, in April, Captain L. A. de Turenne '21 will select the six members of the team which will go on the Southern trip. His choices will be based on the results of the trial matches played during the two weeks previous to the trip.

R. N. Williams 2nd '16, who was twice national-tennis champion, will assist in the coaching of the team during indoor practice. Special emphasis will be laid on the formation of effective doubles combinations. So far the most promising doubles teams are: L. A. de Turenne '21 and J. B. Fenno '21, V. Romain '22 and W. Fableman '21, and J. M. Kleberg '22 and F. T. Pratt '22. The other members of the squad are: R. N. Bradley '22, M. Duane '23, G. C. Guild '23, J. R. Morss '21, J. D. Farnham '23, C. P. Holmes '22, L. Frost '23, W. T. Richards '21, and L. D. Hill '22.