Dramatic Notes

"Hearts of Erin," a romantic comedy, will be given at the Arlington Theatre next week. The cast is headed by Walter Scanlan, the young Irish star. One week only is the limit of the engagement.

"Way Down East," which moved on Monday to the Tremont Temple, is playing there to the same capacity audiences that it enjoyed at the Majestic.

Anna Pavlowa will be seen at Symphony Hall this week in three performances on Friday afternoon, Friday evening and Saturday evening, respectively.

The Hoffman Quartette has resumed its concerts at Jordan Hall. The first one will take place on November 8.

"Lightnin'," starring Frank Bacon, seems to have become a permanent institution in New York. It opened on August 26, 1918, and is still going strong.

Jimmy Hussey's Revue "Tattle-Tales"--which had been playing at the Globe Theatre up to but recently, seems to have had a sudden termination. Rumor has it that the cause was mismanagement, and that it was necessary to resort to popular subscription among the members of the "Follies" to bring the company back to New York.

According to A. L. Erlanger, William A. Brady, Florenz Ziegfeld, Jr., and other prominent theatrical managers, a severe financial slump has arrived in the business of shows that go on the road. Conditions in New England are said to be especially bad, due chiefly to the closing of many factories and a streak of over-production in plays.