REGULARS TAKE DAY OFF TO REST UP FOR WEEK OF HARD WORK

GASTON WILL BE READY TO PLAY AGAINST BROWN

The University football squad was given a complete rest yesterday. This lay-off will probably prove to be the lull before the storm, for it is rumored that the eleven will go through some extra stiff practice before the Brown game. The coaches were not satisfied with the showing of the eleven Saturday and they have no intentions of easing off on the drilling of the eleven in a mistaken belief that their charges have reached their highest point of development.

It has been an old established tradition of the Harvard system of football that the forward pass is seldom used except in an emergency. As a result of the Princeton game, this tradition has come into a great deal of criticism and it is generally believed that had the University opened up with some of the heaves, which proved so disconcerting to their opponents, earlier in the game, the final score would not have been a tie. It will not be surprising if the next two games show a reversion from this policy.

Doctor's List Done Away With

Although several men were badly shaken up, none of the University players were seriously injured. Hubbard and Sedgwick, both of whom had been on the hospital list for some time before the game, played well and came through the contest without a scratch. It now looks as if Gaston, the end who played such an effective game against Centre College, and who has been out with a sprained wrist ever since, will be in condition for the Brown game. However, during his enforced absence, Kane, Macomber and Crocker have shone with unusual brillience, and it is not at all certain that Coach Fisher will take out any one of them to make a place for Gaston, who has been out for so long.

The doctor's list has now ceased to exist and, unless it is revived after the Brown game, will prove a negligible factor in Coach Fisher's plans for the contest with the Elis.