TOLBERT CHOSEN ACTING BASKETBALL CAPTAIN

ELECT REGULAR CAPTAIN LATER

James Randolph Tolbert '22 of Hobart, Oklahoma was appointed acting captain of the University basketball team yesterday afternoon. This appointment will last during the first three games of the schedule and then a captain will be elected by the team. Tolbert who played left guard on the eleven this fall, did not play on the University of Oklahoma quintet but has shown up exceedingly well in practice.

The lack of good forward material is the biggest problem which Coach Wachter has to face now. R. W. Fitts '23 is still out because of his injured leg and there are several men ineligible because of studies. Practice so far has been more for offensive rather than defensive play and no regular first or second teams have been picked as yet.

The White team took on two Red fives in scrimmage yesterday and aided by Coach Wachter who played center, replacing H. B. Tyson '23 after the first few minutes of the opening scrimmage, did especially well in their passing and shooting. The White five took the floor with Tyson at center, Tolbert and S. B. Chase '21 at right and left guards and J. M. Hartley '23 and A. E. McLeish Jr. '23 at the right and left forward positions respectively. C. C. Macomber '22 was at center for the Reds, with D. H. Morris Jr. '21 and G. T. Barker '23 at right and left guards and F. J. Johnson '22 and N. Tishman '23 right and left forwards.