UNOFFICIAL COUNT INDICATES FAXON, O'CONNELL, AND SESSIONS, MARSHALS

STUDENT COUNCIL MEETS TO DECIDE QUESTION

A recount of the ballots cast at the Senior election on Wednesday, conducted by the Crimson last night, indicates that Henry Hardwick Faxon of Quincy with a total of 227 votes, Dennis Francis O'Connell of Somerville with 120 votes, and John Archibald Sessions of Northampton with 116 votes, were elected the Marshals of the class of 1921.

This recount conducted by the Crimson is in no sense official or final; it is merely a test count for the purpose of showing that there is no need of a new election and that the inaccurate report of the results given out by the Junior Polling Committee Wednesday was the result entirely of carelessness and the use of an inefficient system of counting and tabulating returns. As a result of the Crimson's recount the Student Council will meet today and consider the need for a new election. They will also conduct an official recount of the ballots and use the results as indicating the true outcome of the elections.

There is little possibility that their recount will differ by more than one or two votes from that of the CRIMSON as every effort was taken last night to have as accurate and honest a recount as possible. Frederick L. Allen '12, Secretary to the Corporation, supervised the counting, which was done by a dozen disinterested Sophomores and Juniors.

Not only was a recount made last night but an investigation of the counting on Wednesday night was made by the CRIMSON to determine what had caused the error.

It developed that the chairman of the polling committee early in the evening had prepared a tabulation of the votes which approximated, with two exceptions, that made out last night. Later an error was discovered in this first table and in

a too hasty attempt to correct it, the incorrect figures that were given out finally Wednesday evening, were arrived at. The three different counts for Marshal are given below:

First Wed.  Published  Crimson  Count  Count  RecountBigelow,  64  64  56Davis,  69  69  62Faxon,  277  277  227Hofer,  60  60  58Houghton,  57  57  58O'Connell,  123  101  120Sedgwick,  119  121  112Sessions,  138  120  116Smith,  96  96  9