BOTH SQUASH TEAMS LOSE IN SATURDAY MATCHES

UNIVERSITY WINS BUT 2 MATCHES

In the opening series of matches of the Massachusetts Squash Racquets Association played Saturday afternoon, the B. A. A. made a clean sweep over the University Team A, and in Class B, the Harvard Club won from Team B by winning three of the five matches.

The other matches in Class A resulted in the Newton Centre team being defeated by the Union Boat Club, and the Harvard Club winning from the Tennis and Racquets Club. In Class B, the Union Boat Club whitewashed the B. A. A., and the Neighborhood Club of Quincy blanked the Newton Centre team.

The tightest match of the day was in Class B, where the results of the meeting between the Harvard Club and the University second team were not settled until the last point had been played in the long drawn out match in which H. Hutchins '17 defeated Myles P. Baker '22 by the scores of 5-15, 15-18, 15-5, 15-11, 18-17.

C. Wakefield '22 and C. J. Mason '22 also played exceptionally fast games and were the only men in either class to defeat their opponents.

In Class A. L. A. Eldridge '22 won his first two matches, but dropped the next three in succession.

As a result of the challenges last week, the only change made in the line-up of either team was that C. J. Mason '22 by defeating E. M. Hinkle '23 moved up from fifth to fourth place on Team B.

Free instruction to beginners will be continued on Tuesday and Thursday of this week from 3 to 5 in the afternoon, M. Bradlee '22 coaching on Tuesday and D. McK. Key '22 on Thursday.