RUNNERS TO START WORK ON BOARD TRACK WHEN COLLEGE REOPENS

1924 TEAM TO MEET WORCESTER ACADEMY HERE FEBRUARY 19

Gymnasium work for track men will end on December 21, and after the Christmas recess practice will be held on the board track and in the baseball cage on Soldiers Field.

On Wednesday, January 5th, the competition for Freshman track manager will start, to last about eight weeks. At the end of this time, a Freshman manager and one assistant will be chosen. The competition for the position of second assistant manager of the University track team, which is open only to Sophomores, will start about April 1st and will last through June 1st.

The greater part of the winter track schedule is still undecided. One additional meet, however, has been added to the Freshman schedule, a dual meet between Worcester Academy and the 1924 team on the 19th of February. The B. A. A. meet will be held on February 5, and plans are under way to arrange a triangular meet on February 26 in conjunction with the A. A. U. games, which will be open to the Freshman and University teams of Dartmouth, Cornell and the University. On the 15th of March, at the John Wanamaker games, a quadrangular relay between the teams of Cornell, Princeton, Yale and the University will be held at the Milrose A. A. in New York City. This meet will finish the winter season except for an informal, intramural meet which will be held on the board track in the latter part of March.

Although final arrangements have not been made for the spring trip, it is thought that they will be reported on favorably before the end of the week. Negotiations for meets are under way with the University of Virginia and Annapolis.