MANY BUILDINGS OPEN DURING XMAS RECESS

MUSEUMS OPEN AS USUAL

Unless the plans are unexpectedly changed, most of the buildings of the University will remain open during the recess.

All departments of the Widener Library will be open from 9 A. M. until 5 P. M. except on Christmas and New Year's Day; on Sundays the building will be open only from 1 until 5 in the afternoon.

The Phillips Brooks House, including the reading room and the library, will also remain open from 8 to 5 every day during the holidays except on Sundays and New Year's Day. On the 25th, however, it will be closed during the day but will be opened from 6 to 10 in the evening for the annual Christmas "Open House," to which all members of the University are invited.

Members of the Union will have free access to this building every day from 8 A. M. to 10 P. M. during the recess. Light refreshments, cold breakfasts, luncheons and dinners may be ordered at any time, and hot meals will be served for any number of men who apply for them at least two hours in advance. On Christmas and New Year's days, special dinners may be served if enough men put in applications at the manager's offices to warrant it. The last regular meal at the Union will be luncheon on Wednesday, December 22, and regular meals will be resumed with breakfast, Monday, January 3.

The Union library is to remain open every day-except Christmas from 2 until 10 P. M. The billiard room will remain open from 11 A. M. until 9 P. M. except Christmas and New Year's.

Laboratories Open

The Boylston and Coolidge chemical laboratories will be open during the recess but only to research students doing research work under the personal supervision of an instructor.

The Jefferson Physical Laboratory, with the exception of the elementary laboratory, will also be open except Christmas and New Year's days from 9 A. M. until 5 P. M.

In the Law School, although Austin Hall will be closed, Langdell Hall including both libraries, will be open from 9 until 4 every day.

In the Engineering School, Pierce Hall will be open except on Sundays, Christmas and New Year's Day from 9 A. M. until 6 P. M.

Although the Big Tree Swimming Pool will be open only from 1 until 6 P. M., the Freshman Gymnasium, the University Squash Courts and the Hemenway Gymnasium will be open during the day from 9 A. M. until 6 P. M. except on Sundays, Christmas and New Year's.

The cafeteria in the Memorial Annex will be the only part of the dining hall to stay open. The Freshman dining halls will be closed.

The various University museums will follow their usual schedule except on Christmas and New Year's days.

Emerson and Robinson Halls, with their libraries, will remain open from 9 in the morning until 5 in the afternoon except on Sundays, Christmas and New Year's days.