ENDOWMENT FUND DRIVE AMONG UNDERGRADUATES GETS UNDER WAY TODAY

FRESHMAN MASS MEETING AT SMITH HALLS TONIGHT

The undergraduate drive for the University Endowment Fund starts this morning with a 100 percent subscription among the student body as its goal. In order to launch the drive in the Freshman class a mass meeting for 1924 will be held tonight at 7.30 o'clock in Smith Halls Common Room.

At a meeting held last night in the Living Room of the Union, Mr. John Richardsen '08 of the Boston Executive Committee outlined the details of the campaign to the chairmen and the dormitory committees. At this time, in view of the difficulty of reaching men living outside of the dormitories in Cambridge, it was decided to place a separate committee in charge of collecting subscriptions from these students. A. McElwain '21 has been appointed chairman of this committee, and will be assisted by a representative from each class. To aid this committee, all men not living in the dormitories are strongly urged to leave their subscriptions at the Crimson Building between 12 and 2.30 o'clock any day during the drive.

Competition will be held between classes for the largest class subscription and reports of chairmen will be made by classes. Chairmen are reminded that their initial reports must be handed in by Friday afternoon or Saturday between 1 and 3 o'clock. Furthermore, all those chairmen who did not get blanks last night must report for them at the CRIMSON between 11 and 2.30 today.

The success of the drive depends entirely on the student body, since subscriptions will be solicited solely among the undergraduates; and the cooperation of every man is necessary to make the drive a 100 percent success both from the standpoint of numbers and of the total amount subscribed.