YALE SEVEN OFF ON TRIP

NEW OPPONENTS IN FOOTBALL

Radical changes have been made in the Yale football schedule for next fall. Chief among the changes will be the return of West Point to the schedule after 10 years' absence. The game will be played in the Bowl, October 22, and will be the first that Yale has played West Point in New Haven.

Every precaution has been made to make the schedule next fall one which will lead up gradually to the Harvard and Princeton games, and to avoid the large hospital list which was caused by the hard games of last season.

Besides Brown, the only early-season game of last fall's schedule which remains is that with North Carolina. The schedule follows: September 24, Bates; October 4, University of Vermont; October 8, University of North Carolina; October 15, Williams; October 23, West Point; October 29, Brown; November 5, University of Maryland; November 12, Princeton; November 19, Harvard.

Hockey Team to Use Seven Men

The final line-up and schedule for the hockey team was recently announced. The team will play a seven-man game, and differing from last year, will meet no Canadian teams.

The team which left yesterday for the Christmas trip, lined up as follows: left wing, Shiras and Foster; left center, Bulkeley; right center, Captain Carson; right wing, Boalt; defense, Griscom, Reid and Van Ingen; and goal, Diefendorf and Basset.

The Yale team has been handicapped by lack of practice, having to do all of its preliminary work in the Ice Palace in Philadelphia. The discontinuance of the New York Arena, one of the finest ice surfaces in the East, was a heavy blow to the Yale hockey team, and it now looks as if the Elis would have to hold most of their practices out of town.

The team, however, has excellent material, particularly in the case of Captain Carson, one of the fastest and most agile forwards on any college team this year, and in Bulkeley, who played with Carson at St. Paul's School for several years. Van Ingen, a veteran of last year's team, has shown up strongly on defense. Diefendorf, also a veteran player, is the outstanding man for goal, while Reid and Shiras, both of whom had their hockey training at St. Paul's, are expected to do well in their respective positions.

Complete Schedule Given

The complete schedule follows: December 21, Quaker City team at Philadelphia; December 22, St. Paul's School at Philadelphia; December 31, Carnegie Tech at Pittsburg; January '22, Princeton at Philadelphia; January 29, Penn at Philadelphia; February 5, Harvard at Philadelphia; February 12, Dartmouth at Hanover; February 19, Princeton at Boston; February 26, Harvard at Boston.

In case a tie should result with either the University or Princeton, the deciding game will be played on neutral ground during the last part of February.