RINK MEN WILL START PRACTICE ON DECEMBER 29

FRESHMEN WILL NOT START DRILL UNTIL AFTER RECESS

Delay in the completion of the new Boston Arena and unfavorable weather for skating on the Charlesbank rinks will make the start of the University and Freshman hockey work later than usual this year. As yet there has been no opportunity for the Crimson players to get into action, and the regular call has been postponed to December 29, on which date Captain E. L. Bigelow '21 will assemble 24 picked men. Full squad practice will open after vacation.

Little trouble is expected in rounding the University seven into shape for the opening practice contests at the Arena. Eight letter men returning, seven of them in the forward line, will furnish a powerful basis upon which Coach William H. Claflin '15 will be able to construct a fast team.

Coach Claflin is at present in the South, but will return in time for the opening of practice. The Arena surface is due to be ready in time, and special arrangements are being made for the accommodation of the Crimson players. Lockers are being installed, and daily practice in Boston for the entire squad will be required.

Yearlings Practice at Gym

Under Assistant Coach P. E. Wilson '23, the yearling skaters have already been put through light shooting and passing drills at the Hemenway Gym, and considerable time has been devoted to a careful explanation of the Harvard style of team-play, the parallel offense and the checking defense.

Freshmen drilling, on the Charlesbank will not start till after the reopening of College, when less than a week will intervene before the initial game of the yearling season, against Cambridge High. The University team will probably take part in a practice game with a visiting amateur seven at the Arena the same evening.

Men who will report for vacation practice on December 29 from 5 to 7 include: D. M. Angler '22, F. McN. Bacon '21, C. W. Baker '21, J. S. Baldwin '21, Captain E. L. Bigelow '21, R. W. Buntin '21, P. W. Butman '23, J. H. Dempsey '23, R. W. Emmons 3d ocC., J. G. Flint '23, J. Gaston '21, G. C. Guild '23, J. Holmes '21, R. S. Humphrey '21, J. Laroque '23, J. M. Martin '22, G. Owen '23, H. B. W. Snelling '21, C. S. Stillman '21, E. Stillman '21, G. Sutton '21, D. F. Thayer '23, R. Watts '23, J. W. Wood '23.