SECOND PRESENTATION OF "FANNY LEAR" AT COPLEY

Seats Nearly Gone for Successful Cercle Francais Play--Proceeds to go to Charity

"Fanny Lear" will be presented by the Cercle Francais in the Copley Theatre again this afternoon at 2 o'clock. According to a statement issued by the management last evening, every seat in the orchestra and the greater part of those in the balcony have been sold, due to the fact that the performance a week ago was so successful. All the proceeds will be given to the American Committee for Devastated France. Tickets are on sale at the Copley Theatre box office, Herrick's and the Harvard Cooperative Store.

"Fanny Lear," although written by Meilhac and Halevy more than fifty years ago, has a plot which is so typically modern that it appeals to the present day audience. The complications that arise are all due to the plotting of the English actress and adventuress for whom the play is named. She marries the Marquls de Norlolis in the hope of securing a high social position through the marriage of his niece to a wealthy Paris noble. Inasmuch as this niece, Genevieve, wishes to marry a young man, Callieres, who lacks the necessary social prestige, Fanny Lear finds that she has a difficult problem to solve before she can gain her end.

The settling of the accounts between Jean, Marie, Fanny and Callieres takes place during the five acts of the play. Although most of the situations that occur are serious, there is also a humorous side to the play which is considered the most difficult that the Cercle has attempted recently. It requires a keen appreciation of the French language and an expert interpretation of the parts by the actors.