PROMINENT BANKER JOINS BUSINESS SCHOOL STAFF

W. Catchings '81 Will Lecture on Financing of Industries

Waddill Catchings '81, the prominent New York banker who, during the war, had charge of the war work of the U. S. Chamber of Commerce, has been appointed a lecturer at the Graduate School of Business Administration.

In addition to giving lectures on his specialty, the financing of industries, Mr. Catchings will take his part in the instruction in the School's new course on labor relations, which is designed to present every aspect of the problem of industrial relations, and every point of view upon it. Among the other men who are teaching in this course out of their first-hand experience are Wallace B. Donham '98. Dean of the School; Robert Fechner, the prominent labor leader; Whiting Williams, former Vice-President of the Hydraulic Pressed Steel Company of Cleveland, who has spent many months as a common laborer in the steel mills and mines in this country and in England; and Farle D. Howard labor manager of the Hart Schaffner and Marx Company.

Mr. Catchings has been president of the Central Foundry Company of New York, the Sloss-Sheffield Steel and Iron Company, and the Platt Iron Works of Dayton, Ohio. During the war be held the very responsible position of chairman of the war committee of the United States Chamber of Commerce. He is now engaged on the constructural side of banking as a member of the firm of Goldman, Sachs and Company of New York City.