FAXON, SEDGWICK AND SESSIONS ARE CHOSEN MARSHALS; LARSEN, TREASURER

MAC VEAGH, DE TURENNE AND LAUTNER WIN OFFICE

STUDENT COUNCIL ISSUES PLEA TO MEMBERS OF SENIOR CLASS

In consideration of the difficulty which the Chairmen of the Class Day and Photographic Committees of the Senior Class have had in former years the Student Council wishes to call to the attention of the Senior Nominating Committee and the Senior voters that the nature of the work of these committees requires members who are qualified for their position and are able to give sufficient time to their duties. In past years, the great mass of work which these two committees have had to perform has fallen on the shoulders of their respective chairmen,--a burden far too great for one man to carry. This has been caused by the disregard of the voters for the qualifications of the committee members who have often been men occupied in spring sports, or otherwise not qualified to serve. In as much as it is impossible to change the Senior Constitution at this late hour, the Student Council hopes that the Nominating Committee and the Senior electorate will prevent a recurrence of the mistakes of former years by exercising judiciously their respective powers of choice.

In the election for the Senior class officers which was held yesterday, Henry Hardwick Faxon of Quincy was chosen First Marshal, Robert Minturn Sedgwick of Cambridge, Second Marshal, and John Archibald Sessions of Northampton, Third Marshal. A total of 305 Seniors went to the polls; 105 less than voted last year.

The complete list of men elected is as follows:

First Marshal: Henry Hardwick Faxon of Quincy

Second Marshal: Robert Minturn Sedgwick of Cambridge.

Third Marshal: John Archibald Session of Northampton.

Treasurer: Roy Edward Larsen of Brookline.

Poet: Francis Wayne MacVeagh of New York City.

Odist: Leon Auzias de Turenne of Seatttle, Washington.

Orator: Thomas Helme Mills of Portland, Oregon.

Ivy Orator: David Thompson Watson McCord of Washington, Pa.

Chorister: Joseph Frederick Lautner of Evansville, Indiana.

The election of Marshals was conducted under the following rule: "Every voter shall vote for three candidates for Marshals, indicating his preference for First Marshal. Of the three elected, that candidate receiving the highest number of votes for First Marshal shall be elected First Marshal; of the other two elected, that one whose total vote is higher shall be Second Marshal, and the other one Third Marshal."

The voting for all officers was as follows:

Votes for First Marshal  Total VotesH. H. Faxon,  150  277R. M. Sedgwick,  34  121J. A. Sessions,  24  120D. F. O'Connell,  37  101H. D. Smith,  12  96W. Davis,  10  69E. L. Bigelow,  13  64P. Hofer,  6  60A. Houghton,  5  57Totals,  291  96