REPAIRS COMPLETED AT GYM

Improvements Make Possible Resumption of Interclass Basketball.

During the mid-year period a new maple floor was laid in the main hall of the Hemenway Gymnasium. This has been marked for basketball and indoor baseball, and new basketball backboards and baskets have been installed and painted white. The main basketball court has been laid out at one end so that there is now ample space for a small practice court at the other end. The lighting system is being improved, so that all is now ready for the interclass and Freshman basketball series, as well as the other activities that normally take place on this floor. The 5 o'clock gymnasium classes have been resumed, and tomorrow the first interclass basketball game between 1922-23 will be played, and on Friday there will be a game between 1920 and 1921. The Freshman physical training sections that used to meet at the Hemenway Gymnasium have now been transferred to the Freshman Athletic Building, and the main hall will be available for interclass and Freshman basketball games, and practice periods and games for any other groups that make application.

At the Harvard University squash courts all of the tell-tales have been painted white. The large front light fixtures have been removed from all the courts, and these will no longer act as obstructions. The two old squash courts have been painted white and marked in a manner similar to the new ones. The squash courts are now open each week on Monday, Wednesday and Friday nights. At the Freshman Athletic Building lockers have been installed in the locker rooms, showers have been installed in the shower room, and connections have been made for hot water, so that the building can now be generally used for Freshman activities.