CERCLE FRANCAIS GIVES LAST PRODUCTION OF "PRIMEROSE"

ONE CHANGE IN CAST

A third and final performance of "Primerose," the 34th annual play of the Cercle Francais, will be given at the Copley Theatre at 2 o'clock this afternoon. As a rule the yearly play is produced only twice, but the two performances of "Primerose" given last November were so successful that it was decided to give another.

As usual, the feminine roles in the play are taken by Boston girls, while the masculine parts are enacted by student members of the Cercle Francais of the University. The cast which presents this third performance will be the same as in November with the exception that the part of Donatienne, formerly taken by Miss Rosamond Adie, will be played by Miss Elizabeth Beal.

The play "Primerose" is a comedy by Gaston de Caillavet and Robert de Flers, and is given for the benefit of the Polish Relief Committee.

As the title suggest, the action centres around Primerose Plelan, who has been brought up in the midst of the worldly and artificial life of her father's castle after she has lost her mother. She shows a pretence of being gay, through in reality she is serious-minded and understands only too well the evils which surround her. Her great consolation and help in life is her love for Pierre de Lancrey. This love keeps her from losing courage, although so far neither she nor Pierre have dared to speak to each other of their love. She confesses it, however, to Madame de Sermaize, her godmother, who has just reproached her for indifference toward the attention of a cousin. This is followed by an avowal to her uncle, the Cardinal Merance, and leads directly to the climax in the meeting of Pierre de Lancrey and Primerose. The play is written in a heavier vein than the authors' other works, as it ends in a denouement of great pathos and emotion.

The cast of "Primerose" is as follows: Le Cardinal de Merance,  W. P. Scott '23 Pierre de Lancrey,  Edgar Scott '20 Docteur Fardin, Leonard  Opdycke 1G. Denis,  A. L. Steinert '22 Vicomte de Layrac,  Nathaniel Thayer '21 Samuel David,  Thomas Wharton '21 Hubert de Plelan.  Y. H. Buhler '20 Baron de Montpreux,  J. B. Fenno, Jr., '21 Le Comte de Plelan,  H. S. Morgan '23 Un Reporter,  R. S. Codman Occ. Champvernier,  D. E. Ellsworth '22 Louis,  G. C. Lee, Jr., '22 Madame de Sermaize,  Miss Harriet Amory Primerose,  Helenka Adamowska Donatienne,  Elizabeth Beal Baronne de Montpreux,  Margot Amory Madame de Champvernier,  Sybil Appleton Madame Jeanvry,  Mary Atkinson Madame Starini,  Marian Sprague Vicomtesse de Plelan,  Ruth Thayer