UNIVERSITY WILL PARTICIPATE IN INTERCOLLEGIATE AIR RACE

Will Enter Two Machines in Meet at Mineola May 7.

Any member of the University with flying experience is eligible to compete for the pilotship of the two planes which will represent the University in the intercollegiate race May 7 and 8. This was the statement given out by the Aeronautical Society last night.

The race will cover approximately 600 miles, starting from Mineola, L. I., thence to New Haven, Newport, Boston, Worcester, Hartford, Newark, Princeton, and back to Mineola. Each of the seven colleges entered will be represented by four men and two ships, the ships taking off at five-minute intervals. The race will be held under the auspices of the Intercollegiate Flying Association, of which L. E. Thomas '20 is president.

In the University competion six men will be chosen by the Aeronautical Society, four pilots and two substitutes. As an aid in judging the contestants, they will be asked to fill out blanks giving information as to their previous experience, including number of flying hours, accidents and other data. All men who desire to try out for this competition may obtain details at Thayer 39.

An aeronautical exposition will be held at the 7th Regiment Armory, New York City, from March 6 to March 13. The last day of the exposition will be known as College Day and will be the occasion for a meeting of the executive committee of the Intercollegiate Flying Association.