"AT FAREEDAH" CHOSEN FOR ANNUAL PI EAT PRODUCTION

'EFFICIENTCY' JONES HERO

"Al Fareedah" is the title of the two-act musical comedy announced by Pi-Eta for its annual production. It is already in rehearsal and will be presented the latter part of March. The book is by R. Gerould '20 and S. W. Hovey '21, the lyrics by W. A. Duerr '20 and the music by M. H. Dill '20.

The play centers about "Efficiency." Jones, and up-to-the -Minute private secretary of great ingenuity but no social prominence, who is put in charge of his employer's pearl fisheries in Arabia. To secure a better hold on his trade he deposes the sheik of the district and sets up a municipal government according to his own ideas--with traffic police for the prevention of camel collision, and bewitching but strike-loving force of stenographers and telephone girls.

"Carnival of Cocoanuts" Portrayed

"Efficiency" has been largely influenced in going to Arabia by the unsuccessful outcome of a love affair with his employer's romantically-inclined adopted daughter, Ella, whose affections have won by the Romeo style of wooing of a new suitor--and adventurer with eyes only for her fortune. Finally disillusioned, she searches for her first lover, despite the attempts of the second to put her off the trail, experiencing a chain of adventures which culminate at the Carnival of Cocoanuts, the annual Arabian Red Cross Festival. In this final scene comes which, it is said, is a dazzling display of rhythm and beauty.

It is planned to give three performances at the Pi Eta Theatre in Cambridge, with dancing after each. The show is coached by Mr. George V. C. Lord, who has had charge of many Pi Eta productions in the past