SHERBROOKE CLUB DOWNED BY UNIVERSITY ICE TEAM WHILE FRESHMEN SNOW YALE 1923 UNDER

POOR ICE AT NEW HAVEN

The Yale Freshman seven was swamped by the University 1923 team in the Pavilion between the periods of the University-Sherbrooke game Saturday night by a score of 16 to 1. The Crimson Freshmen were able to score almost at will, and completely outclassed their opponents. This score, the largest ever made against Yale in a Freshman game, was partly due to the fact that Yale has had very little practice this winter on account of a lack of ice.

Catain Owen played the best game for the Freshmen, shooting seven goals, while Thayer and Ladd, between them, accounted for six more scores. Yale's single tally was made by Adee from a scrimmage in front of the Crimson net.

After Owen's goal after three minutes of play the Freshmen had everything their own way, keeping the puck in Yale's territory during the larger part of the game. Six goals were made in the first period, nine in the second, and one in the third.

The summary follows:

Harvard 1923--Fisk, Ladd, r.w.; Larocque, Watts, Pratt, c.; Thayer, Butman, Guild, l.w.; Owen, c.p.; Dempsey, Bancroft, p.; Flint, Folin, g.

Yale 1923--Flanders, l.w.; c., Shiros; r.w.; Everts, Adee; c p., Reed; p., Fisher; g., Davis.

Score--Harvard 16, Yale 1. Goals--Owen 7, Thayer 4, Ladd 2, Fiske, Larocque, Dempsey, Adee. Referee--Roque. Goal umpires--Edwards, Lanman. Timekeeper--Carlton. Time--Three 15-minute periods.