INAUGURATE STUDENTS' FORUM

60 INVITED MEMBERS COMMENCE PRACTICE IN SPEAKING NEXT THURSDAY.

Because of the inability of the average student in the University to express his opinions clearly and forcibly on his feet, an attempt is being made by a number of undergraduates to organize a forum at which men can discuss both sides of important public questions. At present the plan is to restrict the membership of the organization to about sixty men whose interest in such a movement is known. Later on it is planned to send out undergraduates to speak before civic organizations, labor unions, and similar bodies.

Princeton has developed a Speakers' Bureau which sends undergraduates to all the nearby cities and towns, speaking at various meetings on topics of general interest. At Yale all activity in this direction has been limited to work in the university itself, but there the Yale Forum is stimulating discussion on important topics.

The Harvard organization, which as yet has taken no name for itself, intends to incorporate the best features of the Yale and Princeton plans. The movement is in part, to offset radicalism, whose advocates are always well-trained in public speaking.

First Meeting on Thursday.

The first meeting of the organization is to be held in the Randolph Breakfast Room at 7.30 on Thursday evening. Attendance will be limited to the sixty men so far invited. Plans will be discussed at this time for the formation of a body which could in the future act as a students forum. After the meeting there will be an open discussion of the possible candidates in the next Presidential campaign.