PROFESSORS OF EXPERIENCE.

The series of lectures to be held at the Union, and the talk which Dean Pound is to give in Standish Hall tonight are of particular importance in that they will teach the undergraduate something sure to be of practical assistance to him in after life. Absorbed in its desire to give students an "academic education," the University is apt to overlook the importance of leaving with its members something to guide them in the days that follow graduation. The result has been that the young University man is thrust from the shelter of his alma mater into the maze of the world, knowing not which path to select. His educational training has in many cases failed to give him any basis upon which to judge where his real interest lies or in what field he can be most useful.

College graduates who have met successfully the stern problems of life are pre-eminently qualified to guide aright the steps of the undergraduate. Such sound advice as Dean Pound, Secretary Roosevelt, Colonel Woods, Colonel Roosevelt, and General Wood can give, will be of real, practical assistance to every one in facing these problems. Undergraduates must count the privilege of hearing these distinguished men as one of the most valuable features of university life.