HOOVER BACKERS FORM LEAGUE

PROF. TAUSSIG SPEAKS TO 150 SUPPORTERS IN PHILLIPS BROOKS HOUSE.

Over 150 men attended the first meeting of the Hoover League of Harvard held yesterday afternoon in Peabody Hall of Phillips Brooks House. Archibald MacLeish '19, LL.B. presided over the meeting and explained why the Hoover movement had been started.

Professor F. W. Taussig '79, the principal speaker of the afternoon, stated that the question of parties is slowly dropping out of existence and now it is a question of the man nominated. Prof. Taussig, who has worked with Mr. Hooer, said that he has shown by his work in food relief and by his administrative qualities that he is fully deserving of the nomination.

F. L. Allen '12, Secretary to the Corporation, was the second speaker and said that the Hoover League of Harvard should be a broad enough organization to include all men of the University who favored Hoover, regardless of party.

A platform was read and accepted after two amendments had been made. At the close of the meeting officers were elected as follows: President, Archibald MacLeish LL.B. '19; Vice-President, L. K. Garrison 1L; Secretary, C. W. Eliot, 2nd '20; Treasurer, F. L. Allen '12.