QUARTET PICKED TO RACE YALE

DOUGLASS, GOODWIN, McCARTHY, O'CONNELL WILL RUN FOR CRIMSON.

In the tryouts for the University relay team which is to meet Yale at the New York Athletic Club games in the 22nd Regt. Armory, New York, Saturday evening in a one-mile race, the following men were chosen: A. W. Douglass '21, W. H. Goodwin '20, J. A. McCarthy, '22, and Captain D. F. O'Connell '21. E. T. Doherty '21 was chosen as substitute. The team will leave the South Station at 9 o'clock Saturday morning, arriving at New York at 3.10 that afternoon. The men will have a few hours' rest in the hotel before going to the meet, which begins at 8.15.

In addition to the relay race between the University and Yale, the Baxter Mile between the New York Athletic Club and the Boston Athletic Association will be run, as well as the following handicap events: 15-yard run, 1000-yard run, standing high jump (3-inch limit), 300-yard run, one-mile walk, three-mile run, and putting the 16-pound shot (5 feet limit). The New York Athletic Club offers the following prizes to the winners in the several events: First place, an 18-karat gold medal; second place a silver medal; and third place, a bronze medal.