POLICY OF PIERIAN CHANGED

ORCHESTRA WILL PRESENT SEMI-CLASSICAL AS WELL AS POPULAR MUSIC

In order to meet better the demands of audiences at some six concerts between now and spring, the Pierian Sodality has instituted a decided change in its policy concerning the music to be played. The orchestra will hereafter offer music of a semi-classical nature and of the type played at the "pop" concerts of the Symphony Orchestra. Stress will be laid on the work of such composers as Tschaikowsky, Rimsky-Korsakoff, Saint-Saens, Wagner, and Coleridge-Taylor. Popular hits and selections from the musical comedies are to be included in the program only where the audience desires this type of music.

The orchestra now has about forty members and the treasury is in the best condition that it has been for years, hence the new policy will be given trial under very favorable circumstances.

F. L. Reynolds '20, leader of the University Band, will act as conductor on all popular concerts, while A. S. Coolidge 4G, will continue to conduct the semi-classical music.

Hold Trials Tonight.

Spring trials will be held this evening from 6.30 to 7.30 P. M., at the Pierian Room in the Music Building, for brass, string, and woodwind players. There are exceptionally good openings for a 'cellist, a clarinetist, a trombonist, and string players of ability. For any further details, see Manager P. K. McElroy '20, at 24 Matthews, or call Camb. 7863-M.