The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

APPOINT FOUR LECTURERS IN MUNICIPAL ADMINISTRATION

All Are Men of Actual Experience in City Government

John R. Murphy, fire commissioner of Boston, has been appointed a special lecturer of Fire Department Administration at the University for the current academic year.

Mr. Murphy is one of a group of men of practical experience in various branches of municipal administration who have been appointed to lecture this spring in Government 17, the College course in municipal government. The other men are Arthur Woods '92, former police commissioner of New York City, and an Overseer of the University, who will speak upon "Municipal Police Administration"; David Abram Ellis '94, former chairman of the Boston School Committee, whose subject will be "Municipal School Administration"; Lawson Purdy, president of the Board of Taxes and Assessments of New York City, who will discuss the problems of municipal finance. These men are appointed in accordance with the terms of a fund given by Frank Graham Thomson '97, for lectures in municipal government by persons who are or have been engaged in actual city administration.