CITY PLANNING INSTITUTE GUESTS AT ROBINSON HALL

School of Landscape Architecture Plays Host During Whole Day.

The Harvard School of Landscape Architecture will play the part of host at the session of the American City Planning Institute which takes place today at Robinson Hall. The meetings will continue throughout the day, both morning and afternoon assemblies being scheduled, as well as the evening session.

The convention will open at 10 o'clock in the morning with an address by Mr. Morris Knowles, a consulting engineer of Pittsburg, Pa., on the subject of "The Relation of Size of Lots to Cost of Utilities and Street Improvements in Low-priced Housing Development." He will be followed on the platform by Edward M. Basset, Esq., a prominent lawyer in New York City, who will speak on "The Principles of Zoning."

The members of the visiting Institute have been invited to luncheon at the Colonial Club, previous to the afternoon session which is planned for 2.30 o'clock. At this meeting Mr. B. A. Haldeman of Harrisburg, Pa., city planning consultant for the state of Pennsylvania, will read a paper on "Streets: Their Classification, Width, and Subdivisions," and will be succeeded by Mr. Frederic Law Olmsted, of Brookline, with a discussion on "Fundamental Considerations of City Planning."

Visitors to Inspect Library.

Following a tea at 5 o'clock under the auspices of the Topiarian Club of the School, the visitors will be given an opportunity to inspect the exhibit of drawings now recently shown by the club, and see the Library of the School, which is rated as the finest in the country. Dinner will be served at the Colonial Club at 7 o'clock.

The most important feature of the business, meeting in the evening will be an address by Mr. Arthur C. Comey '08, of Cambridge. His subject is announced as "Lot Sizes for Low-priced Homes."

The members of the School of Landscape Architecture who are also members of the American City Planning Institute are Professor J. S. Pray '96, and Professor Henry V. Hubbard '97. Miss Theodora Kimball, librarian for the School, has also recently been made librarian of the Institute.