1923 PLACED IN B. A. A. MEET

COMPETITION FOR 2ND ASSISTANT TRACK MANAGER POSTPONED UNTIL TOMORROW.

The 1923 relay team was the only Crimson quartet which took first place in the B. A. A. games Saturday. In both the long long and short distance University events the runners lost out to the Yale and M. I. T. teams.

The Crimson yearlings topped M. I. T. 1923, however, by eight yards in a spirited race. The Yale freshmen were unable to make the trip at the last minute. J. W. Quinn '23 started the Crimson lead by handing a 10-yard gain to C. H. Hawes '23. R. P. Bolster, however, passed Hawes and when the third man, R. O. Howard '23, took the baton he was slightly behind the Technology yearling. In the last stretch Howard fought his way past Deming, and J. E. Kennedy '23 doubled Howard's lead giving the Freshmen the race by eight yards in 3 minutes, 17 seconds.

C. H. Nicoll'23 was the only University runner to place in any individual events. He gained third place in the 660-yard handicap race with a 24-yard handicap.

Manager Competition Postponed.

On account of the illness of Manager J. Keane '21, the opening of the competition for the positions of second assistant track manager and assistant cross country manager has been postponed until tomorrow at 5 when candidates from the Sophomore class will report at the H. A. A.

Because of the small number who are practicing in the weight events, the management is issuing a call for more candidates. Men from the football teams are especially desired.