AWARD 308 MID-YEAR DEGREES

MORE THAN A THIRD FOR THOSE WHO LEFT COLLEGE AND ENLISTED.

A total of 308 students have been granted degrees by the Governing Boards of the University in the regular mid-year award, of whom more than a third were given a special degree "For Honorable Service in the War." This signifies that the man who holds it left College to enter the national service, and, returning after the war, completed three-quarters of the regular requirements for the College degree.

Of the 119 men who secured War Degrees, 14 are members of the present Senior class, 57 belong to last year's graduating class, while 48 would have finished in 1918 if the war had not interrupted their College course. Fifty-nine men were granted the regular degree of Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science as a result of completing their College work at mid-years.

Totals of other degrees granted are as follows: Masters of Arts  33 Doctors of Philosophy,  11 Masters of Business Administration,  16 Doctors of Medicine.  4 Doctors of Dental Science,  6 Miscellaneous,  8

The men who were given the degree of Master of Business Administration completed their work for this degree in the special term held last summer.

Honor Men on List.

Among the students who finished with the highest rank are Otto Swett Wagner '19, of Salem, who graduated magna cum laude with final honors in Classics; Martin S. Swanson '18, of Ralston, Pa., magna cum laude in Chemistry; and Lewis Ecles Ward '19, magna cum laude in Mathematics. The men who were granted degrees include Captain William James Murray '19, Edward Lawrence Casey '19, Ralph Horween '18, Morris Phinney '19, Joseph Francis Ryan '20, and Manager Waldron Phoenix Belknap, Jr., '20, of the football team, and Lloyd K. Garrison '19, president of the Advocate.

Honor Men on List.