URGES INDUSTRY COURSE HERE

GOVERNOR OF KANSAS ADVOCATES STUDY OF CONDITIONS VITAL TODAY

That the University would do well to establish a course in Industrial Relations is the opinion of Governor Henry Allen, of Kansas, known in Massachusetts as the man who was most instrumental in securing Governor Coolidge's election last fall, and throughout the country, as the man who broke the back of the coal strike by manning the mines with volunteers.

"If the great universities are to maintain their leadership," said Governor Allen to a CRIMSON reporter, "then they must keep in touch with the vital things of the world. This applies particularly to Harvard, which has already given recognition to the demand for the teaching of practical things.

"The world is full of efforts towards industrial legislation which have failed and which have failed for reasons easily discoverable. There has come into the age a demand for a remedy for industrial strife a remedy which will place the subject under the proper regulation of government. A very instructive course in industrial relations could be created at Harvard which would given the University a vital leadership as the established of the remedy.