SPRING FOOTBALL PRACTICE CALLS CANDIDATES TONIGHT

START TRAINING APRIL 28

Tonight at 7.15 o'clock in the Trophy Room of the Union there will be a meeting for all football men, preliminary to spring practice, which starts immediately after the Easter recess. Coach "Bob" Fisher, whose work was so successful last fall, Arnold Horween '20, who has been chosen to captain the 1920 eleven, and W. H. Trumbull '15, who was acting captain in 1915 when C. E. Brickley was incapacitated by appendicitis, will be the speakers. The management is particularly desirous that all men who were connected with football this year attend this meeting, regardless of whether they will be able to come out for spring practice or not. All those who were members of the University. Second University, or Freshman squads last fall have been requested to come to the meeting, and men who intend to come out for fall practice, as well as those who will take part this spring should attend. The management plans to ascertain at this meeting how many men will be out for spring practice and also how many will comprise the squad in the fall.

Practice will start on Wednesday, April 28, when all candidates will be called out for intensive training. The spring season will probably last three weeks, depending on how the work has developed at that time. The plans for the work will be outlined in detail at the meeting tonight.