JUNE 2 ANNOUNCED AS FRESHMAN JUBILEE DATE

President Lowell Praises Work of Dr. Davison; Appoint Three Leaders.

Wednesday, June 2, was announced as the date for the 1923 Jubilee at the first Freshman Jubilee Mass Meeting held last night in the Smith Halls Common Room. At this time the leaders of the groups from each of the Freshman Dormitories which are to compete in singing at the Jubilee were announced as follows: Standish, W. C. Bennett; Gore, G. F. Warburg; Smith, B. S. Cogan. The rather novel idea of composing a Class Song which would be the exclusive property of 1923 was also proposed. This song will be sung first at the Jubilee and afterwards at all Class reunions.

R. G. Hooker, the Chairman of the 1923 Jubilee Committee presided at the meeting. President Lowell, who was the chief speaker, praised the work of Dr. A. T. Davison, Jr., '06, in producing such excellent music in past years and expressed his confident hope that this year, as evidenced by the admirable results of the Glee Club, the performances of the past would be excelled. T. S. Lamont '21 and L. B. McCagg '22 each of whom was chairman of the Jubilee Committee of his respective class, told of the previous Jubilee and offered suggestions for the coming one. Both particularly emphasized the necessity of attending the singing rehearsals.

Dr. Davison Outlines Plans.

Dr. Davison who spoke last outlined more fully the manner in which this year's Jubilee will be conducted. Meetings for the rehearsal of singing are to be held weekly until June. The first two of these will be in the Smith Halls Common Room and succeeding gatherings will be held in the various dormitories under the respective leaders. The three choruses will then compete at the Jubilee for the silver loving cup annually awarded to that dormitory which produces the best singing. This cup remains in the possession of the successful hall during the succeeding year and is then handed on at the next Jubilee. Singing will be the all important part of the entertainment and in order to make it as great a success as possible it is imperative that every Freshman attend the weekly song meeting held on Tuesdays at 7 o'clock in his respective hall. The program presented by each chorus will consist of three numbers: the newly composed Class Song, any college song which they may chose, and a specialty, such as the "Anvil Chorus." In the afternoon of the Jubilee entertainments will be held in the Common Rooms and private spreads will take place in the students' rooms. Dancing will take place in the evening, and the silver loving cup will be presented by president Lowell to the winning dormitory.

At the close of the meeting trials were announced for the Freshman Musical and Glee Clubs.