AERONAUTS TO BUY SEAPLANE

Plan Purchase of Curtis F Type to be Housed at Pemberton.

Following a meeting of the executive board of the Unversity Aeronautical Society held Tuesday it was definitely announced last evening that the club will buy a sea-plane. The machine, which will be a Curtis F boat, will be purchased from the Navy and will be delivered by April 15. Pemberton beach will probably be the site selected for its hangar.

The Society further announces that this spring it will train three undergraduates who have never before flown, to qualify as pilots. The men chosen, preferably lower classmen, must be physically qualified to fly and must have their parents' consent. Men who attend some ground school during the war--such as the Technology school--but did not get to a flying field before the armistice, will be given first preference in selecting aspirants. As the Society will be under considerable expense in giving this training, the men chosen will be obliged to share in the expense. The cost to them, however, will be but small compared to the price asked by commercial flying schools.

As the Aeronautical Society has four pilots among its members who served during the war as instructors, they will be able to give instruction as thorough as that at service fields. Instead of ten hours of dual instruction, the maximum given by the Army or Navy, the Society will give a minimum of 15 hours.